Is Your Teen A Safe Driver?
“Roamin Angels Teen Safe Driving III”: Event is currently over. Check out the event and photos – CLICK HERE
Download the Brochure – N/A
Download the Sign Up Sheet- N/A
Saturday April 27, 2019
Safety Training Facility • 213 Sierra College Dr., Grass Valley 95945
- Entry fee – $49. With successful participation and completion in the event, the $49 registration fee will be refunded. Refunds will be processed and mailed to the parent’s or Guardian’s address of record as indicated on your application.
- Licensed or permited Students 15-18 years of age who reside in Nevada County can sign up for the “Teen Safe Driving” life saving teen car control clinic.
- Hands-on driving Participants must possess a valid California driver’s license or permit.
- Participants are required to bring their parent(s) or guardian(s) to participate in the training. Guests and observers of all ages are welcome.
- The clinic will be held at the Public Safety Training Center near Grass Valley‛s Sierra College Campus and will include classroom presentations, hands on driving experiences, car control exercises and fundamentals of driving safety.
Two sessions are available Saturday April 27th.
Session 1 – 8:30 am -11:30am
Session 2 – 10am – 1:30pm
- Space is limited to 60 participants (30/session)
- Students must bring their own vehicles, and a parent or guardian. Participants under age 18 must have parental permission.
- Student Drivers will complete a series of pit stops where a specific skill will be taught. The driving portion of the training will have a top speed of 25 mph. This is a day concentrating on skills, NOT SPEED.
- Students wishing to attend but not able to participate in hands on are welcome to the classroom sessions free of charge.
The California Highway Patrol will facilitate an “Impact Teen Drivers” Parent-Teen Workshop for classroom training. “Impact Teen Drivers” is a Non Profit dedicated to teaching teens, parents, and other influencers that we can stop the #1 killer of teens–car crashes–by empowering parents and teens with the knowledge they need. Parents come learn what you need to know to prepare your teen to be the safest and most conscientious and prepared driver they can become.
Each teen participant will receive a certificate of course completion. Please consult your Insurance representative as to how and if the completion of this course may afford you benefits under your insurance plan.
Parking space is extremely limited in the immediate area outside the pad. Please plan on parking street side or in one of the lots nearby. Participants should move their vehicles to the pad entry AFTER their Classroom session.
Complimentary Big “A” $10 meal coupons for all participants!